1 cup low-fat milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup quick oats
1⁄4 cup wheat germ
1⁄4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C). Lightly grease Muffin Maker or Mini Loaf Pans.
- Whisk together milk, egg, vanilla extract and oil in a small mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk flour, oats, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, Cinnamon and salt. Add berries and toss to coat with flour mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into centre of dry ingredients. Mix with swift strokes using a wooden spoon until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden. Cool on cooling rack.