2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
2 1⁄2 lb (1 kg) blade pot roast
3 cups beef broth
1⁄4 cup flour
2 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and chopped
1 tbsp Herbes Provençales
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season roast with French Onion Dip Mix, Salt and Pepper. Place in pan and brown well on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Drain excess fat from pan and return to stovetop.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together beef broth with flour and mustard. Pour into pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and pour mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker on low setting for 10 hours.